Database Fundamentals introduces database concepts, including relational databases, tables and data types, data selection and manipulation, views, stored procedures, functions, normalization, constraints, indexes, security, and backup and restore.
This course is comprised of 12 lessons covering database fundamentals. The course assists learners in preparing for Microsoft Exam 98-364: Database Fundamentals certification.
Objectives and skills for the database concepts portion of Microsoft Exam 98-364 Database Fundamentals include:
- Understanding core database concepts
- Understand relational database concepts
- Understand what a relational database is, the need for relational database management systems (RDBMS), and how relations are established
- Understand how data is stored in tables
- Understand what a table is and how it relates to the data that will be stored in the database; columns/fields, rows/records
- Understand data definition language (DDL)
- Understand how T-SQL can be used to create database objects, such as tables and views
- Understand data manipulation language (DML)
- Understand what DML is and its role in databases
Duration: 12 Weeks